Criteria for player development to take place in your community.
A community needs the following to have BNWT come in and run a camp:
1) all players who attend the camp must be registered with BNWT and pay the $5.00 membership fee- this should be done prior to the camp – names, ages, gender, etc…
2) the community is responsible for the chaperones – who are responsible for participants.
3) the community must provide gym time.
4) the community is responsible to ensure a program continues developing the skills taught.
BNWT is responsible for:
1) Provide clinician(s) to run camp.
2) Pay for airfare to and from the community.
3) Assist community with programming to carry on the programs.
4) Provide instructor to certify coaches.
Player Development contact information:
Aaron Wells– Director of Player Development
Basketball NWT is interested in certifying all coaches. If you are interested in Coaching, please visit www.coach.ca to learn about the different levels.
Basketball NWT will provide financial assistance to interested coaches.