Basketball NWT – Return to Play Guidelines
BNWT is excited for a return to basketball in the NWT. A Return to Play Guidelines document has been created to assist organizers that are considering restarting their basketball programs in the Northwest Territories. Under BNWT’s Return to Play Guidelines, clubs can consider restarting operations. Activity leaders will need to follow considerations and guidelines put forth by Basketball NWT, Sport North, Canada Basketball and the local public health authorities’ Emerging Wisely Plan. Our priority is the safety of all individuals involved in basketball in the NWT.
It is important that sport organizations, clubs, coaches, officials, players and volunteers are aware that choosing to participate in sport activities will increase the risk of contracting COVID-19.
Please note – BNWT’s insurance does not cover claims related to COVID-19.
The information in the Return to Play document is intended to supplement any local, territorial and/or national regulations and guidelines. Organizers must always be aware of changes occurring within the NWT and they must always follow the public health officials’ guidelines and regulations.
The document will be updated accordingly to the GNWT’s current rules & regulations.
GNWT – Covid-19 Updates & Information: https://www.gov.nt.ca/covid-19/
Activity leaders planning on a return to play in their community should contact BNWT (contact information below) for inquiries and support.
We are looking forward for a safe return to basketball in the NWT!
- Daily Attestation forms can be completed online (i.e. TeamLinkt App & google form) – Nov. 13, 2020
- Move to a modified version of Phase 5 of Canada Basketball’s Back to Basketball Phases (modified: No spectators allowed and local public gathering of 25 people maximum) – Nov. 13, 2020
- BNWT – Return to Play Guidelines v2 (Nov. 13, 2020)
- Facility Waiver
- Combined Remote Training and Facility Use
- Attestation Form
- Event Participation Waiver
- Enhanced Cleaning Checklist
- Disinfectant User Guide
- NWT COVID-19 Self-Assessment
- Canada Basketball – Return to Basketball Guidelines
- GNWT – Emerging Wisely Plan
Tel: (867) 445-6421