December 4th, 2020 (Yellowknife, NT) – After a couple of months into the Covid-19 pandemic, Basketball NWT (BNWT) and its member associations and clubs have been fortunate enough to be able to deliver basketball programs this year. Across Canada, provinces are on high-alert and previous restrictions have now been re-enacted with many basketball programs delayed or cancelled.
Here is a list of active basketball programs in the Northwest Territories:
- NBA – youth program for children (5-12 years old)
- Yellowknife Youth Basketball League (YYBL) – basketball league for youth (U13 & U15 divisions)
- GoBall – girls only basketball club (Kindergarten to grade 5)
- Eagles Basketball Club – female high-performance club (U13, U15 and U19)
- DTE Futures – male high-performance club (grades 6 to 9)
- Spartans Club – male high-performance club (15-18 years old)
- Hay River Guardians – male basketball club (U15)
- Yellowknife Basketball Association – adult basketball league for males and females
For more information on basketball programming in the Northwest Territories, please visit www.bnwt.ca (look under Play tab of the website navigation bar).
If you are interested in bringing the Jr. NBA program to your community, please contact us to receive the onboarding information. This is a great program which provides coach packages, player packages, full curriculums from Canada Basketball and much more!
For all inquiries, please contact BNWT by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone
(867) 445 6421.